Marsha Rummel allowed to eat at favorite haunt after making peace
District 6 Alder Marsha Rummel is once again allowed to eat at New Orleans Take-Out on Fordem Avenue after being banned by its owner on March 9 due to a vote during a City Council meeting earlier this month.
The exile was over her vote to reduce Sherman Avenue to two lanes and install bike lanes in the curb lanes and a center turn lane. The City’s biking community rejoiced but the Northside Business Association was against the move saying its members will lose money.
At the time of the ban, NOTO owner John Roussos emailed Rummel and said, “You will be told to leave. If you do not comply the MPD will be called.” according to the email she shared with the Isthmus.
“I was really sad when I got the email from John Roussos, and he has subsequently unbanned me which makes me very happy. He was very concerned with the proposals for improvements to North Sherman Avenue,” Rummel told Willy Street Blog. “Honestly, every single person at the Council meeting that night voted for those improvements.”